Chief Executive Officer
Container Freight Stations Association of Kenya
10:00 AM How Mombasa Port can remain competitive while still collaborating with other regional ports?
- Understanding the development plans for Mombasa Port
- Examining what it takes to create a successful transhipment hub
- Implementing latest smart technologies to address security and efficiency challenges
Successful ports development and expansion in the region depends on on-going collaboration between many different stakeholders. Regulators, operators, shipping lines, cargo owners and maritime services need to find ways to align their interests to ensure continued port competitiveness and contribute to raising the standards of the maritime system.
This panel discussion will provide an overview of the following points:
- Challenges and opportunities of a collaborative model
- Globalisation of shipping lines and port operators
- Impact of shipping line mega-alliances on ports and terminals